Everest Base camp (5,380 m/ 17,600 ft) is the number one destination for Heli sightseeing in Nepal. Helicopter tour to Everest base camp comes with a fabulous view of Mt. Everest, other snow-capped mountains, beautiful Khumbu valley, Kalapathar, Khumbu glacier, Sherpa settlements, Lukla Airport, Lukla valley and more. Tourists from all around the globe come to experience a glimpse of Everest on a Heli flight. The Everest Base Camp region is a very famous destination for trekkers and adventure lovers. But the trekking in Everest region requires lots of effort and time.
However, the Heli flight in the Everest Base Camp region is the easiest, flexible, and prominent flight to experience the snow-capped mountains of the Everest region. If you have a busy schedule, then the Heli tour is the best alternative to experience Everest. Many travelers who have physical, health, and time issues prefer Heli flight over trekking in the Everest Base Camp. So, don’t just dream but make it happen, because it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity. Heli flight in the Everest region offers you some of the high snow-capped mountains in the world.
Some other Mountains you can view
Along with Mount Everest (8848 m) mountains like Lhotse (8516m), Nuptse (7855 m), Amadablam (6812 m), Chamlang (7319 m), Makalu (8463 m), etc. can be seen from this Heli flight. From Kathmandu, the Helicopter lands at the Lukla airport for refueling purposes. Lukla airport (2,845 m/9,334 ft) is the most extreme airport in the world because of its altitude and runway. In Lukla, you can have some 5-10 minutes of break, which you can utilize on photography, sight view and feel the geography of Lukla valley. So, from Lukla, the helicopter flies over the Sherpa valley in Namche Bazar and heads towards Kalapathar.
Furthermore, the Helicopter lands at Kala Patthar, and it is at an altitude of 5645m. Kala Patthar is the highest point on earth which gives a closer view of Mount Everest summit. It gives the most prominent aspect of Mount Everest that even the mountaineers don’t get. Helicopter lands in the Kalapathar region for about 5 minutes because of high altitude. Here you can capture photographs, view the most pleasant sight in the world. Kalapathar gives a stunning view of the Everest Base Camp region.
Khumbu region and several mountain ranges in a 360-degree view. From Kala Patthar the helicopter flies over the Everest base camp, Khumbu glaciers, Everest view hotel (i.e., lands at Everest view hotel for tea/breakfast) and heads towards the spectacular Lukla airport in Lukla Valley. After refueling the Helicopter kicks off towards Kathmandu, Airport. Entire Helicopter tour to Everest Base camp gives an astonishing view of mountains, Sherpa valley, Khumbu glaciers, Everest base camp, Tengboche, Dingboche, Namche Bazar, and Gorak Shep.
- The helicopter tour kicks off towards the eastern region from Kathmandu elevating at an altitude of 1300m. It gives a fabulous view of Nagarkot hills and the Sunkoshi river.
- Heli Flight offers great sightseeing of villages, rivers, lakes, hills, isolated areas, snow-capped mountains, and spectacular landscapes.
- The helicopter lands at Lukla airport which for refueling (5-10 minutes) purposes. Here you will enjoy the charming beauty of Lukla valley and fly over the majestic Sherpa valley and head towards Kalapathhar.
- Kala Patthar (5,644.5 m / 18,519 ft) is a notable spot in the southern ridge of the Everest region, where the Helicopter lands about 5 minutes. Here you can take photographs, share the experience with the group, and inhale once in a lifetime views.
- Mt. Everest view from Kala Patthar is the most prominent in the world. Kala Patthar is the landmark where you can discover the realistic look of Everest without having to climb its summit.
- Helicopter tour in the Everest region offers a fabulous view of mountains, Sherpa valley, Khumbu glaciers, Everest base camp, Tengboche, Gorak Shep, Dingboche, and Namche bazar.
- Helicopter Tour in the Everest region includes a breathtaking view of mountains like Kangtega, Kusum, Thameserkhu, Kangaru, Lhotse, Amadablam, Pumori, Nuptse, Island Peak, Pumori, Lobuche, Mera Peak, etc.
- Tremendous view of ice falls, beautiful villages, valley, majestic landscapes, etc.
Kathmandu to Lukla Airport for Refueling
Heliflight kicks off from Kathmandu and heads towards Lukla Airport (2,845 m/9,334 ft) for refueling purposes. In Lukla, you can experience the fabulous beauty of landscapes, capture memorable photographs, and view the majestic Lukla valley. After 5-10 minutes of refueling time, the Helicopter kicks off towards Kalapathhar.
Lukla Airport to Kalapathhar (5,644.5 m / 18,519 ft)
Helicopter lands at Kalapathhar which is at an altitude of 5, 644.5 m, so the landing time is only 5-7 minutes. From Kala Patthar, you can experience the majestic view of snow-capped mountains, Khumbu glaciers, Everest Base camp before Kalapathhar landing, Khumbu valley and more. Some of the premier mountains range from Kalapathhar apart from Mt. Everest is Lhotse (8516m), Nuptse (7855 m), Amadablam (6812 m), Chamlang (7319 m), Makalu (8463 m), etc. From Kala Patthar, the Heli flight kicks off towards Everest view hotel for sight view and breakfast. After this Helicopter heads back to Lukla for refueling.
Kalapathhar to Lukla (refueling) and head back to Kathmandu
Heli tour heads back to Lukla airport with great sightseeing, for refueling purposes and head back to the domestic terminal of Kathmandu airport.
- Airport Pickup and Drop
- Chartered Helicopter Charges
- Required permit and entrance fees (In case of Private Charter only)
- Passengers Insurance
- All sightseeing as per itinerary
- Crew Members insurance and salary
- All necessary governmental and Airport taxes.